Incredible, nutritious and toasted in the microwave, it is truly crunchy-delicious Nordic stone age bread. Such things literally revive the body after a long fasting period, but even if you want to try something new, original and healthy and not hurt yourself. Fans of the paleo diet will certainly be pleased, as this diet is based only on the ingredients that a stone man really ate; meat, fish, fruits and nuts, seeds, roots, flowers … no processed foods, legumes, cereals, dairy products, or refined sugar 🙂 We can certainly use such things here. Recipe is borrowed from Bake-Street.com and adjusted.
Preparation time 10 minutes .. Baking 60 minutes .. Durability few weeks in the freezer
INGREDIENTS .. 1 loaf
- 3.5 oz (100 g) of roasted almonds
- 3.5 oz (100 g) hazelnuts or cashew nuts
- 3.5 oz (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 3.5 oz (100 g) diverse seeds (nigella, flax seeds, sesame, sunflower seeds, mustard seed…)
- 3.5 oz (100 g) gold sesame
- 1.7 oz (50 g) dates (optional), I left them out
- 1.7 oz (50 g) black sesame
- 1.7 oz (50 g) poppy seeds
- 1.7 oz (50 g) peanuts or cashews
- 1.7 oz (50 g) sunflower seeds
- 5 large eggs; or 6 smaller
- 1.7 oz (50 g) olive oil (you can use coconut oil)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds (optional), I used
Preheat the oven 330ºF. Line a bread pan, set aside. In a large bowl add the eggs and stir with a spatula. Add seeds along with nuts, salt, olive oil and spices. Mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into the bread pan, press the batter and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour.
Remove from the pan and let cool completely over a rack.
This bread can be kept in a zip-type bag or airtight container for up 5-6 days. If you prefer, you can cut it into slices and freeze them cover in plastic film. That way you only have to take out the one you need and heat it in the toaster (it’s absolutely delicious!)
Enjoy your bread!